Thứ Ba, 19 tháng 7, 2011

Rufus Sewell- Actor of the Week

Rufus Sewell
Rufus Sewell is my actor of the week. He is a hot commodity this week after appearing in Zen on PBS Masterpiece Mystery Sunday. By the way, the next two Sunday nights feature the other 2 episodes (this delightful series about an Italian detective was canceled after only 3 episodes). Americans can catch up on the one from this past Sunday night on the PBS website. The rest of us are out of luck!

Rufus Sewell as Count Adhemar in A Knight's Tale
Adhemar: You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting. In what world could you possibly beat me?


Rufus Sewell as lowlife Jasper Bloom in The Holiday
Jasper: I wish you could just accept knowing how confused I am about all this.
Iris: Okay, let me translate that. So, you are still engaged to be married?
Jasper: Yes, but, I mean...
Iris: Oh, my God.

***********************************************************************************
I always think of Rufus as a bad guy. I mean, he was truly horrible to our beloved Will Thatcher (Heath Ledger) in A Knight's Tale, one of my all time faves. He was also completely rotten to dear Kate Winslet in The Holiday. Can we ever forgive him for that? But he is a wonderful actor and has been in many beloved Period dramas.

Rufus Sewell as Will Ladislaw in Middlemarch. Be still my beating heart!
His first big Period role was as the talented, handsome but poor Will Ladislaw in Middlemarch. Check out those boots ladies!

Rufus Sewell as the hilariously smouldering Seth Starkadder in Cold Comfort Farm
OK, gaze into those eyes of Seth Starkadder in Cold Comfort Farm. And yet Kate Beckinsale seems unimpressed. Harumph!

Rufus Sewell as Charles II in "Charles II: The Power & the Passion"
OK, how many of you knew he played the titular role in Charles II: The Power & the Passion? Nobody? Well me neither although I do like the way he looks in the wig and the crown! I may have to track this one down.

If that has whetted your appetite, here are a few more Rufus Sewell films that you may want to check out!

Dangerous BeautyZen: Vendetta Cabal RatkingTristan and Isolde (Widescreen Edition)CarringtonCold Comfort FarmThe Holiday [Blu-ray]Amazing GraceThe George Eliot Collection (Middlemarch / Daniel Deronda / Silas Marner / Adam Bede / The Mill on the Floss)Helen of TroyLegend of Zorro & Mask of Zorro [Blu-ray]The Illusionist (Widescreen Edition)Charles II: The Power & the Passion [Region 2]The Tourist [Blu-ray]A Knight's Tale (Special Edition)The Pillars of the Earth [Blu-ray]

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét