Thứ Bảy, 5 tháng 11, 2011

Emma by Jane Austen- Which film adaptation is best?

Gwyneth Paltrow Emma 1996

Kate Beckinsale Emma 1996
Romola Garai Emma 2009

Alicia Silverstone Clueless 1995

Which film adaptation of Jane Austen's Emma did you enjoy the most (or, which one would you prefer to have with you if stranded in the wilderness for a year with a TV and DVD player)?


Feel free to leave comments about your favourite version. I found this question harder than I thought it would be. Especially if you could only have one version!

Which Emma version do you like best?
 Emma 1996 Gwyneth Paltrow
 Emma 1996 Kate Beckinsale
 Emma 2009 Romola Garai
 Clueless 1995 Alicia Silverstone



  
pollcode.com free polls 



P.S. In the midst of my "Emma-thon", I just re-watched the 1996 Gwyneth Paltrow version again and was really struck by the beauty of the cinematography. The colours are amazing! It may be a little Hollywoodized (another made up word, I know) but it is a truly gorgeous film. The other version which is gorgeous to look at is the 2009 Romola Garai version. Also wonderful cinematography and more realistic decor and landscaping. I still love them all, for different reasons!

"Marry me. Marry me, my wonderful, darling friend." Sigh....

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét