Thứ Bảy, 25 tháng 2, 2012

Sherlock with Benedict Cumberbatch

Sherlock
I am in the middle of watching series 1 of Sherlock, a 21st century take on Sherlock Holmes by the BBC and it is AWESOME! Sorry about the caps. But it really is. I wanted to recommend this to you now, because if you missed the replay of series 1 on PBS in January, you may want to catch up before PBS airs series 2 starting Sunday May 6th 2012. It stars Benedict Cumberbatch (Atonement, War Horse, Amazing Grace) and Martin Freeman (Love Actually, Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, The Hobbit).

Holmes and Watson
I was skeptical at first, but I had this series recommended to me from a few people I trust so I thought I'd give it a whirl. The Squire (my husband) protested at first that it was set in the present and not in Victorian times like the latest theatrical releases with Robert Downey Jr. and Jude Law. In fact he sat through the first episode with his arms crossed. Harrumph! He couldn't wait however for episode 2 the next night, and we plan to watch episode 3 tonight! You can still catch series 1 online at PBS.org

221B Baker St. London
The stories translate especially well to the present day as in the original books, Dr. Watson was just back from medical service in Afghanistan which seems eerie. Does nothing ever really change? So the opening scenes of the first episode A Study in Pink show Watson having a nightmare about the war. And then he meets Sherlock!




Favourite quotes from Sherlock:

  • Anderson, don't talk out loud. You lower the IQ of the entire street  
  • Sherlock Holmes: Shut up.
    DI Lestrade: I didn't say anything.
    Sherlock Holmes: You were thinking. It's annoying. 
  • I'm not a psychopath, Anderson, I'm a high-functioning sociopath, do your research. 
  • Look at you lot, you're all so vacant. Is it nice not being me? It must be so relaxing. 
  • Oh what now? I'm in shock! Look, I've got a blanket. 
  • We've got a serial killer on our hands. Love those, there's always something to look forward to. 
  • What it must be like in your funny little brains, it must be so boring!
**********************************************************************************

Anyone already a fan?

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét