Thứ Ba, 29 tháng 1, 2013

JJ Feild- Actor of the Week


JJ Feild is a great actor and I predict that he will make it big outside of the UK very soon. Of course those of us who have seen him in Northanger Abbey as the saucy Mr. Henry Tilney will not be surprised when the rest of the world finally discovers his talent, will we?


However some of you may be surprised at how many period dramas JJ Feild has already appeared in. My, he does look good in a cravat and top hat doesn't he?

Henry Tilney: Now I must give you one smirk, then we can be rational again.


The new film Austenland has just premiered to rather lukewarm reviews at the Sundance Film Festival.  Well, personally I want to see it anyway. JJ Feild and Bret McKenzie as love interests at a Jane Austen theme park is all I need to hear. And Jennifer Coolidge? Sounds like fun to me! By the way, when is this Jane Austen theme park actually going to happen?


As Mr. Sam Beeton in  The Secret Life of Mrs. Beeton, JJ Feild again shows us his adorable smile and his wonderful acting chops. 


I think the first place I saw JJ Feild was in The Railway Children from 2000. The photo above shows him as Jim, being rescued with a broken leg by Jemima Rooper (Amanda from Lost in Austen- kneeling in black hat and pinafore) and being tended to by David Bamber (Mr. Collins from P&P 1995). This entire film is on YouTube (link here) and well worth watching.


As Victorian photographer Frederick Garland in Ruby in the Smoke and the sequel The Shadow in the North,  JJ helps  pretty young sleuth Sally Lockhart (Billie Piper) and of course falls in love with her. 

Well, those are my fave JJ Feild films. Did I miss any of your faves?


One last note. JJ Feild seems to have good taste as his significant other and baby mama is Canadian Neve Campbell from Guelph, Ontario which is where I got my first job after graduation. Can we claim JJ as an honorary Canadian now?

By the way, can I just say how much I love those ears? Good catch Neve!

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét